TRF GLOBAL GRANTS COMMITTEE
DISTRICT GLOBAL GRANTS CHAIR
ON THIS PAGE
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Rotary Clubs in District 5020 can apply for two types of Global Grants through The Rotary Foundation (TRF):
Humanitarian, and Vocational Training Teams (VTT).
All applications are processed online at www.rotary.org. Go through “My Rotary”, then Foundation, then Grant Application Tool. Once there start with “First Steps”.
Particular to District 5020 only are limitations on the District match with DDF dollars.
The Rotary Foundation (TRF) has allowed for applications to be made at anytime (i.e. no required start time and deadlines) our task at the District level is to carefully monitor applications to TRF and insure that DDF will be available in each year. DDF allocation could now be committed a year or more in advance.
Thus, it is imperative that we control the process by limiting DDF allocation. So, the maximum District DDF is $15,000 per grant application.
In that circumstance the District would entertain more applications and possibly approve another grant allocation for DDF from clubs.
TIMELINE OF APPLICATIONS
There is no deadline in applying for a Global Grant. The limitation as it relates to District 5020 is the possibility of using all of the available DDF District match while there may still be Grant applications in the queue. In that case grant applications will be “moved” into the next Rotary year in the order that they were submitted.
WHAT THEY SUPPORT
- Scholarships for graduate-level academic studies (District only)
- Vocational training teams, which are groups of professionals who travel abroad either to teach local professionals about a particular field or to learn more about their own
HOW TO USE THEM
- Be sustainable and include plans for long-term success after the global grant funds have been spent
- Include measurable goals
- Align with one of our areas of focus
- Respond to real community needs
- Actively involve Rotarians and community members
- Meet the eligibility requirements in the grants terms and conditions
HOW THEY’RE FUNDED
GLOBAL GRANT RESOURCES
RESOURCES & REFERENCE
- District Rotary Foundation committee
- Regional Rotary Foundation coordinator
- Rotary grant officer
- Club Rotary Foundation committee