RYLA Vancouver Island
The Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is Rotary’s leadership training program for young people. It emphasizes leadership, citizenship, and personal growth, and aims to:
- Demonstrate Rotary’s respect and concern for youth
- Provide an effective training experience for selected youth and potential leaders
- Encourage leadership of youth by youth
- Recognize publicly young people who are rendering service to their communities
- Give young adults an opportunity to listen and exchange ideas with other outstanding communities and student leaders
RYLA was officially adopted by Rotary International in 1971 and is one of the most significant and fastest-growing programs of Rotary service. RYLA programs often lead to the formation or strengthening of Rotaract and Interact clubs. RYLA participants often go on to become Youth Exchange students or Ambassadorial Scholars.
A leadership training weekend for youth from grades 8 to 10 from Vancouver Island, Rotary District 5020.
Accommodations are in lodges, up to 7 participants per room. Females and males on separate floors. Adult Supervision.
- Participants will need to bring their own sleeping bag, pillow and toiletries.
- Please make sure to note on the application any and all allergies and food restrictions.